Friday, November 26, 2010

Black Friday



I am happy that nobody got trampled this year! Hope that everyone found some great deals. 


I think that because of the recent economic crisis, stores have been beefing up their deals in order to draw more customers in. I did a little black Friday shopping (but I definitely was not one of those people waiting in lines at 3am in the cold), and there were some amazing deals. But, I didn’t actually walk away with a ton of stuff. I wonder what kind of damage the general public was responsible for. I left the sales and “great deals” about $250 poorer. 


One site estimated that the average black Friday shopper spends $738.11. That is a huge amount of cash! Those numbers (which have almost doubled since the recession first began) drive me to wonder if there really still is a recession in the US. Are we riding out the tail end right now? Hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment