Sunday, November 7, 2010

The Future of Busses

The other day I was searching through the web, and I stumbled upon this gem. I don’t know if any of you reading this every watched the cartoon show inspector gadget as a kid, but I definitely did. And the coolest gadget that he had was a car which had something like legs. His car could rise up on what looked like stilts, and he could drive over all of the other cars once he hit traffic. Well this new method of transportation has been derived from inspector gadget’s very advanced vehicle. This model is like a train, but much better. Passengers can ride in the train/bus like seating area of the vehicle, and can just ride right over the busy traffic, pointing and laughing at all the drivers along the way.
When I first saw this model I thought that turns could create a sticky situation. The bus might be turning, but the cars might not be turning, which could result in a messy collision. Something straight out of a monster truck show. However, the creators of this new vehicle addressed the problem in this demonstrational video. It appears as though the streets would need to be changed a little to accommodate for the turns, but once those accommodations are made, everything should run smoothly. I personally am looking forward to seeing the implementation of this project in the near future, and I will keep you updated with further information.


No comments:

Post a Comment