Thursday, November 25, 2010

Imminent Storms



Having grown up in Chicago, I knew that the ground wouldn’t stay dark for long. The first snow of the season is always fun because it is the kind of snow that doesn’t stick to the ground. It is the snow you see in movies—the snow that elegantly lands on the main character’s oddly pink tongue. It is the snow that doesn’t take half an hour to scrape off of the windshield of your car. I like to refer to this snow as the “convenient snow.” Even though I really hate snow in general (mostly because of my slippery driving experiences), I have to admit I was kind of hoping that there we would have one of those convenient snow storms while I was in Chicago for Thanksgiving break. 

We were not so lucky.
Nevertheless, I was still curious as to when the first snow of winter would occur. I googled it, mainly because I was curious to see if there was even such a forecast. Apparently, it is a question on the minds of the masses because there were about 50 Yahoo! question inquiries. NBC Chicago informed me that the first snow typically comes at about mid-November.

No comments:

Post a Comment