Friday, December 10, 2010

Emily Smart...Again


I understand that justice sits at the core of our nations values, but I think that we need to stop addressing the Emily Smart case. She was kidnapped years ago, and I can only imagine the pain it brings her every time she must relive the horrific event.

Today her kidnapper was found guilty in court. By prosecuting her kidnapper, I think that it can only bring her serious pain. During the trial, she spent 3 days testifying, letting the bad memories flood back. I understand that it was probably her decision to press charges, but I would imagine that there was much pressure from family and friends to do so.

In this case, I think justice needs to not be served and she needs to be given ample time to heal. Leave the 23 year old woman alone. Let her move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment